CVE number = CVE-2024-20253
A vulnerability in multiple Cisco Unified Communications and Contact Center Solutions products could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on an affected device.
This vulnerability is due to the improper processing of user-provided data that is being read into memory. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending a crafted message to a listening port of an affected device. A successful exploit could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the underlying operating system with the privileges of the web services user. With access to the underlying operating system, the attacker could also establish root access on the affected device.
Cisco has released software updates that address this vulnerability. There are no workarounds that address this vulnerability.
This vulnerability affects the following Cisco products in the default configuration:
- Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) (CSCwd64245)
- Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service (Unified CM IM&P) (CSCwd64276)
- Unified Communications Manager Session Management Edition (Unified CM SME) (CSCwd64245)
- Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) (CSCwe18773)
- Unity Connection (CSCwd64292)
- Virtualized Voice Browser (VVB) (CSCwe18840)
This advisory is available at the following link:
I am one of the editors here at www.systemtek.co.uk I am a UK based technology professional, with an interest in computer security and telecoms.